Food (3)


Delicious&easy and just PERFECT combo for healthy snacking - dates with raw cacao beans! ^.^
  
Veggies and fruits are SO CHEAP! In 'zhenski pazar' with just 1 leva (EUR 0.50) I bought full bag of spinach! For two days I was eating whether stewed spinach or when I was too lazy to cook -just raw-like some kind of rabbit.
Oh, and those three perfectly ripened and juicy  'paradise apples' (persimmon fruits) all cost less than 70 cents!

But those huge spring onion tho'!(picture from Kazanlak)
  
Every day I visited nut&dried fruit shops. Even not buying anything somehow these shops with all the colorful goods just boosted my mood.

Near 'zhenski pazar' I came across amazing little good shop which sell nuts&dried fruits as well and also spices, herbal teas and coffee, which can be grounded on the spot! Oh, how I love the aroma of freshly grounded coffee beans! ^.^
  
Warm memories of warm metros with warm 'banitsas'.
The last pictures are from Balkan Bites. There I gave a try to homemade 'lyutenitsa' in Sunmoon bakery. Before I have used them a lot when I was too lazy to cook.
  
The same Balcan Bites introduced us to many other traditional dishes and drinks like Pelin (sweet wine) and Boza that is made from wheat grain and sugars. It is drinkable but tastes horrible!

No comments:

Post a Comment