Volunteer spirit in the air

After a week which I spend in Sofia I am left with many, many positive memories and new friends from  EVS on-arrival training. :)
 
But speaking of capital... well it's huge (at least for me) and full of history. That's why Free Sofia tour came in very handy. Just in 2 hours I found out most important information about Serdica.

  
In some places in the center of Sofia city (Serdica) the 'layers' of history are well visible with Roman and Thracian time ruins. And what else is great about this place is The Square of Tolerance - the place where 4 religions coexist together with their temples build near each to other.
And Vitosha in the background allures with its hiking paths.
 
Hot springs everywhere. This water is considered to cure heart diseases.
  
Even after week using metro I still were confused of the route.
 
Dogs, fountains and pigeons.
On the way to A:part:mental I came across these beautiful benches. :))
  
Even in the capital (further from center though) some are using horses as a transport.
***
I really enjoyed my time in Sofia thanks to lovely trainers Natalia and Petja and other volunteer monsters. I will really miss you! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment