Bulgaria // Sweden // Hungary // Latvia

12.11.16
This Fridays intercultural evening in Shipka 'Chitalishte' was truly magical, due to Bulgarian and Swedish instrumental performances. Also volunteer and Bulgarian prepared presentations and dishes were no less important components in this multicultural mixture. But their instrumental, singing and dancing performances gave me chills. For real!

The positiveness and open-mindedness of locals made the whole atmosphere homelike... :)
 

Although 'ķīselis' is more Russian thing, I made it because my mother used to make it occasionally.

I couldn't find any potato starch in shops. Really nowhere! The only starch I found was corn starch and different нишесте in small packages with already added flavors. So I had no other choice to make like ancient people did back in the days... And I succeeded. Before I didn't now that it is possible to make it by yourself in home environment. From now on I will make ķīselis with homemade starch. I got about 6 big soup spoons of potato starch from 4 potatos following this recipe. Ofcourse there are leftovers (grated potatoes), but these can be used as well!
Now I am considering to stay in Bulgaria and become potato starch dealer...

Not only I made an experiment. Swedish volunteers made cheesecake from homemade cottage cheese. First time I saw how one gets this food just from milk and lemons!
***
Mного благодаря, locals, for introducing us to your rich, colorful and cheerful culture!
Also I am grateful to be able to live together with volunteers from Hungary and Sweden! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment