Rhodope Mountains

Thanks to many coincidences and just being in the right place at the right time I was very lucky to make a company for one really nice and generous guy from Jordan. We were riding to Rhodope Mountains to see the view from the Eagles Eye(Orlovo oko), but left seeing much more...
  
It's not possible to get until the eagles eye with a regular car so we ought to rent a jeep (of course with a driver included) from the place where rode got too steep and bumpy. Describing the ride until the top just with three words - astonishing, dangerous and FUN! It was the craziest trip I have ever had!

As well as Buzludzha also this place I managed to view in all its beauty at the right time, because after a while the Orlovo oko was surrounded by clouds.
  
On the way back we decided to have a look at Yagodinska cave. First time in my life I saw a cave like this. Actually first time I attended a cave in general. This cave is the third longest cave in Bulgaria and it is home for many species of bats. Unfortunately I didn't see none of them. :(
Anyways, all those speleothems and stalactites,  stalagmites and other ...ites were just marvelous! Some cave formations had names depending on similarities. For example, there was formations looking like Methodius and Cyril or formation looking like a married couple on the wedding day. Nevertheless, for me all these structures reminded melting ice-cream. :)
Such a pity that the guide was speaking only in bulgarian, because I didn't get why there were little speakers in corners quietly playing bagpipes...in a cave.

While getting to the Orlovo oko and going back to Plovdiv I couldn't stop looking out of the cars window. The scenery is just breath taking! And it was even more beautiful and unusual to enjoy this view listening to Jordanian rock music.
Huge شكر (hope google translated correctly) to my Palestinian/Jordanian adventure companion and host in Bulgaria! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment