Living in Shipkas house

I was so lucky to have a chance to live in Hristos house and have a room with a most wonderful view above all the red roofs of other houses. Every day as I woke up I could do nothing else but stare in distance to the blue toned mountains in morning mist. I could see the Sredna Gora in front of me and Stara Planina on the sides, drowned city, tombs and in the night time the sparkling line of Kazanlak and other villages.
But falling asleep was a real struggle for me. I had to adapt with the loud noises of grasshopper-alike sounding birds, which started to tweet as soon as the sun went behind the Stara planina mountains on my right.
 

And as the morning came with sun rising from the mountains on my left, I woke up.
In Shipka I even haven't used alarm yet. Well, there isn't realy need for it. The roosters and the only donkey in Shipka, who happened to live very near my new home, were always doing their duty and making sounds in the very morning. The most effective was the extraordinary old-door alike squeaking sound of donkey.
And if I overslept and didn't heard the first sounds, the Shipkas 'alarm' repeats again at 8 o'clock by the church calls.
 
Some mornings were especially beautiful and unusual at the same time. Sometimes seemed that the clouds were just chillin' through all the villages while everyone was still in their beds. Except me.
Holding in my hand
1000 Hungarian forints! :O
Which are just 3 EUR. :(
     
First week I was too lazy to cook anything, so I just improvised and were eating raw&on the way food. Also heating food with electric oven took 'ages', and as I just arrived to Bulgaria I didn't want to spend this precious time waiting for my kettle to heat up. Instead I tried to use this time as best as I could and grasp every second here enjoying the beauty of this place while it is still summer in the middle of September!
However, I am living elsewhere withing spitting distance of this house, I am still missing it. Missing the scenery from balcony and Hristo, who was so generous and kind time to time making for me and Adriann (the 2nd volunteer from Hungary) Bulgarian food for late dinner. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment